The John Hay Library served as the main library of Brown University from 1910 to 1964. The English Renaissance structure was originally designed by Shepley Rutan & Coolidge, and is named for John Hay, President Lincoln’s private secretary and later Secretary of State. The Library currently houses the University’s collection of rare books and manuscripts, the Archives of the University, and many special collections.
Our charge for this renovation of the Bopp Seminar Room in the John Hay Library was to create a state of the art seminar space within this historic setting. This complete renovation will accommodate a variety of lecture and meeting arrangements for up to 30 people. New A/V, HVAC, lighting and power and data systems will allow for presentations of various formats.
New Interior Design elements include finishes, acoustical treatments, window treatments, loose furniture, and built-in casework associated with the A/V equipment.
Architect: LDa Architecture & Interiors, Joint Venture with Carlone Associates
Builder: Shawmut Design and Construction
Architectural Acoustics: Acentech